Informa Telecoms & Media has prepared an exclusive report for MidemNet 2009 based on forecasts and findings from our recently published Mobile Content & Services 7th Edition report. Further details can be found at www.informatm.com/content
Social networking and community features are increasingly becoming part of mobile music offerings. However, it is difficult to determine the actual revenue contribution from social networking and community features in mobile music services. Informa Telecoms & Media has come up with some estimates and predictions based on our research on some popular mobile music services.
Our research shows that the integration of social networking and community features in a mobile music service can drive service usage and adoption by:
- Making the service more user-friendly and enabling easy discovery of music tracks.
- Reducing churn and making the service more sticky (users will continue to subscribe to stay connected with friends and contacts).
- Promoting digital gifting where users purchase ringtones, music tracks and albums to give as gifts to other community members.
- Generating higher revenues through discounts and promotions by sponsors to community members. For example, a community member who recommends an album or music track receives a reward if the content is purchased by other community members as a result of the recommendation.
- Driving the market for mobile music sales direct to fans through artist driven websites.
I am looking forward to discuss these findings as well as highlight some related facts and figures during my presentation on Sunday, Jan 18 (4.00-4.30pm).
I hope to see you there… In any case check back here Sunday evening to download the presentation!