1. The fun kicks off first thing on Saturday morning, when midemblog’s live reports get underway, covering all of the key conferences (D2F, midemlab, midem hack day and Visionary Monday to name a few)… until we can’t take it anymore. Stuart Dredge, of The Guardian, Music Ally, Hypebot & countless other venerable publications will deliver daily resumés of key industry developments, and Heather Blanchard of newcicada.com will be proving much-needed backup.
2. As ever, conference videos will not be neglected: key sessions of the four days will be visible on midemblog via our YouTube channel, and January 30’s Visionary Monday will benefit from our first ever live video stream – embedded here on the blog and here too – enabled by our friends at Livestream. Which means you’ll be able to watch Mark Ronson, Facebook’s Dan Rose and a myriad of other high-level speakers as they take to the stage in Cannes. Woot!
3. We’re expecting a veritable explosion of tweets, which we’ll notably be channeling through super-swish tweet screens throughout the Palais, powered by Tweetwall Pro. Be sure to follow us for all the latest live coverage updates. Oh and by the way we’ll only be tracking the hashtags #midem, #festival and #vmon (for Visionary Monday, mkay?) so no #midemfestival or similar combos, please!
4. We’re also proud to present a world-class cast of the industry’s finest, who’ll be videoblogging for us throughout midem: Gerd Leonhard, Emily White, Ian Rogers and quite a few more will be showing you the show in their eyes, via the blog and our YouTube channel. What a treat!
5. Come the evening, the midem festival and midem off concerts will get underway (grab the programme here). We’ve enlisted Parisian artist agency Waaa to cover the concerts, clubs, bars and restaurants of “midem by night“, via regularly-updated interactive flyers powered by Webdoc: which you can check out on our Facebook page. Be sure to smile if three charming young French ladies accost you in the street!
6. All of the above – and plenty more besides – will also be accessible in our amazing mobile app, for iPhone, Android and – for the first time ever – on iPad. It’s free, so be sure to grab it here.
Bref… All you need for a mighty successful midem. A bientôt à Cannes!