Did you know:
– Fullscreen, one of YouTube’s largest multichannel networks (MCN) with more than 3 billion monthly views, has pledged to spend US$10m investing in original video content?
– Google has usurped Apple to the throne of the world’s most valuable brand in 2014?
– Time Warner, the US-based multinational media and entertainment conglomerate, is reported to be offering US$1bn for a substantial stake in VICE Media?
– Vivendi, the French multinational media and entertainment group, has sold almost 50% of its remaining 12% stake in Activision, the US-based video-games publishing giant?
– CISAC, the royalties-collection societies’ global umbrella organisation, has partnered with Spanish technology company BMAT to enhance the identification of music tracks wherever they are played?
This and more — including a feature focus on French repertoire — in the latest issue of Outside the Box, a midem-exclusive round-up of recent key developments and disruptions beyond music, including:
• Ads & Marketing
• Books & Print
Click here to download Outside the Box (email required)
This report is the latest issue of a quarterly entertainment trends review developed by MediaTainment Finance, the business journal that covers investments in international media, entertainment and the impact of related digital technologies.